A key objective for the Retail Service is maintaining the day-to-day operations of the Ferry Building Marketplace retail shop in San Francisco, with a focus on servicing in-person shoppers, coordinating direct pre-order pick-ups and Mercato pick up orders. This position also ensuring that sales goals are achieved and exceeded, customer service standards are upheld, and all operational procedures around inventory and pick up services are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sales & Service
- Increase sales, meeting daily and monthly revenue goals
- Assisting in meeting annual companywide sales initiatives
- Deliver the highest levels of customer service, building relationships, ensuring customer follow-up, and promoting retention.
- Salesmanship – ability to explain the various products to instore customers
- Assist customers with any product questions for in store shopping or pick-up sale & service
- Process all order through RC instore POS system
- Respond to company emails quickly and efficiently. Answer direct phone line for order taking.
- Complete the Inventory process bi-weekly
- Communicate clearly with customers, co-workers and RC management
- Ensure processing pick-up orders accurately and on time.
- Oversee in store product up-stock and merchandising throughout the day
- Oversee day-to-day pick up operations of store including:
- Daily product assembly of internal Recchiuti and Marketplace pre-orders and in-person orders
- Opening and closing procedures
- Ensuring staff and customers follow health and safety guidelines; wearing a mask over nose and mouth, standing six feet apart and using hand sanitizer as supplied during transactions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively
- Well organized, deadline oriented, flexible, and effective with multiple tasks, able to prioritize
- Experience with Square, POS or equivalent software
- Cashiering experience with Square, POS or equivalent system
- Strong retail experience customer-focused environment
- Strong basic computer skills – experience with MS Office a must
- Well groomed
- Be computer proficient (Word, Excel, Outlook). POS systems a plus
- Fluent in English
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with POS systems a plus
- Experience working in a small, entrepreneurial company
- Ability to speak other languages a plus.
- Interest in artisan foods
The essential functions of this position require consistent standing and the ability to lift 40lbs unassisted.
This position’s workweek includes weekends. Additional hours are during peak holiday seasons.
Send your resume and provide a brief summary outlining your interest for this opportunity to email@example.com.