This brownie recipe was a happy accident I'm glad I made. Whenever we make our Vanilla Bean Marshmallows we are left with a bowl of oddly shaped trimmings that taste great. Jacky suggested tossing them in a batch of our Fudge Brownies with walnuts and chunks for chocolate. I brought them to the Ferry Building the next day where they were a hit!
Yields: 16 Brownies Time: About 1.5 hrs
- 5 1/2 Ounces Recchiuti 64% Semisweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 10 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, 1" Slices
- 2/3 Cup All-purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Walnut halved, roasted and roughly chopped
- Flavorless vegetable oil
- 6 Recchiuti Vanilla Bean Marshmallows, cut into quarters
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Melt 3 ounces of chocolate and 10 tbsp of butter in a medium steel bowl over a pot of simmering water.
Stir until smooth and melted.
While the chocolate is melting, line the bottom of an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment and coat the paper and the sides with flavorless vegetable oil.
Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
In a bowl, hand-whisk eggs and vanilla together. Whisk sugar into the egg mixture.
Whisk egg mixture into melted chocolate. Add walnuts.
Fold the flour, salt, and remaining 2 1/2 ounces of chocolate into the batter with a spatula.
Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
Push the marshmallows halfway into the batter so tops peek through.
Bake until a skewer inserted into the center still has some batter clinging to it, about 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.